Sunday, January 27, 2008

From Mike Meierhoff January 27, 2008

Fred...

I'm not much of a blogger or big on mass communication, but I did want to say that I was very sorry to hear the news about Jim Altman in your recent email. He was a fine example of an HPHS student, and a great classmate. Most important, I simply remember him as a good person.

I worked for Jim's uncle, Ralph Altman, at the Altman Camera Company in Chicago while I was in college, and Ralph, who had no children that I knew of, thought of him almost as a son, and would frequently pull me from my sales job to show me pictures and letters from Jim, keeping me (and I'm sure others) posted on how well he was doing. He was very proud of Jim.

As I said, I'm not much of a blogger, but I would appreciate it if you could pass this on to the reunion page, and to Sari and Nancy for his tribute. Unfortunately for reasons of both distance and health (Labs on Thurs. and Chemo on Friday) I won't be in a position to attend.

Thanks Fred, and I hope all is well with you. I do have plans to visit my parent's graves on the North Shore this summer with my sister if I can, and I'll let you know if I'm coming to town. Meanwhile, I have plans to see Peggy and Mark Shapiro on Wednesday here. We were planning on watching the reunion DVD if it arrives in time.

Have a Good...

Mike

MIKE MEIERHOFF
mikephot@ix.netcom.com

No comments: